For My Petz are the sole Australian distributor for Ferris Cat Wheel International. We initially purchased a wheel for our fat cat Wilco - a Domestic Shorthair rescued and hand-raised by us, from around 10 days old. After being spoilt rotten he became a little, well ... plump. So the exercise wheel was needed to help keep him active. After many questions on where we got the wheel, we decided to import the wheel to reduce the cost.
For nearly 3 years, we have been the sole Australian distributor of the fantastic Ferris Cat Exercise Wheel.
The cat wheel provides exercise, fun and mental stimulation for indoor cats, especially the more energetic breeds like Bengals and Savannahs but Orientals, Sphynx, Tonkinese, Abyssinian, Maine Coon and many other breeds have taken to them with ease. Some cats require a little coaxing at first with the use of either a laser pointer, a favourite chase toy or a treat can work well for the more overweight cats.
The cat wheel is 121.5cm internal diameter and 31cm wide. This diameter is required so as not to compress the cats vertebrae when running as smaller wheels can do. The cat wheel is 142cm tall when on the base and 130cm wide. Intelligent design means this wheel does not come off the base when a cat is using it.
The cat wheel is constructed from ABS plastic and is self-assembly. Full instructions and video links to aid assembly are provided but it is not difficult and with the introduction of the new G5 model, the assembly is easier and faster. The cat wheel runs on high-quality skates which are safely housed within the base and are not exposed to cats paws. The maximum weight load is 12kgs and must not be overloaded.
- Intelligent wheel design features place the emphasis on what counts most - safety and stability
- Strong and durable wheel made with superior quality ABS plastic - reinforced with wingnut assemblies.
- Surfaces are easy to clean (and disinfect), making this wheel suitable for homes, breeders, shelters and rescue centres.
- Sturdy wheelbase with six skate wheels for safety and stability along with an improved wheel track for better wheel performance
- Easy to assemble - just follow along with our "how to assemble" videos (Thanks to Elizabeth and Nikita for these super instructions). https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVRDMatGGl-QlvrIkBqMGupoyzu_if9lM
Our adopted boy one-eyed Benny loves his wheel. Benny is an indoor cat and this has been a great way for him to spend all that pent-up energy. Doesn't stop him stealing food if we happen to turn our backs.
Click on the wheel below to order yours now!